Friday, October 5, 2007

Meeting the parents...

Yep, just when things are going really great with my Skydiver
he springs it on me that today I will be meeting his parents...
Lucky me, huh?
I mean, don't get me wrong,
parents actually tend to instantly love me.
But it's always a little (read: a lot) nervous meeting someones family.
Of course it's not just the parents either,
it's the brother and sister too.
And there's always that chance of me saying something really stupid
or me doing something even more stupid in front of them.
Being a frequent reader of Steph I will however make sure I don't
do the celebration dance if it goes well...
You who've read it know what I'm talking about :P
Just wish me luck okay?

Tell you all about it on saturday!

But until I do, here's something you just have to watch.
It's a recording of a swedish host who does something
quite unusual, at least when it comes to live tv...
It's loaded with english subs so you'll understand!

Press here please



5 comments:

fatwonkkid said...

I find breaking in a girlfriend to the family is best if you first introduce the g/f to the siblings first. After that is squared away do a parent or parent/sibling meeting later.

Mark Hurley said...

Skydiving just wasn't crazy enough, you had to go and meet the in-laws, huh?

As for the video... was that her last meal? Maybe that is not food after all... yuk! If thats not food, she's probably not pregnant... :-p

Unknown said...

I don't mind meeting the parents. I must be the only girl in the world who looks forward to it. Its always a bit nerve racking, but it signals they're serious about you so I kind of like that. And gives you a lot more of an insight into what the bloke is reeeaaally like.

Haha, I remember that post of Steph's.

Steph said...

Good luck with the parentals. Don't burp, fart or scratch and you'll be fine.

Stiletto said...

Bottleblonde: good thinking! I avoided the pretzel and it all went great =P
I'm thinking hung-over...but pregnant is also very possible!

fatwonkid: thatäs kinda smart =P

mark: haha, that's right. always seeking the next thrill you know =P
I'm still betting my money on the fact that she was out boozing it up and is now hungover...or maybe still drunk?

jo: you're so right. even though it can be a little frightening it is a good sign =)

steph´: in other words, try and not copy you, you mean? =P