Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yes, Yes, Yes, Oh yes!!

Hell yeah!!!
Say congrats people cause this weekend I did it!
I am now a Skydiver for real!

I have my A-certificate!
Two jumps on Saturday with an instructor
and then three jumps all by myself on Sunday and that was it!
It was sooooo fantastic!!!
Now I'm just hoping my crappy ex-job pays me
before the weekend cause then I can jump some more =)

Oh, here's an update on the job situation too.

People say it's hard to get a job these days.
Ha! Not if you're me apparently. I've been unemployed
for maybe a week and a half and already I have a job, starting on Monday.
I also have an interview tomorrow with another company
(gotta keep your options open right??)
and a third company called while I was being interviewed
for the first job and left a voicemail.
I then got interviewed by that person on the phone,
still waiting to hear if they want me to come by for a real one,
but it sounded promising.
So maybe I'll get to pick and choose from potential jobs
instead of begging someone to employ me!!
Problem is...
I don't know which one I'd choose from these three.
What if I pick the wrong one!!??
Can't I just have two weeks at each job and then decide?
No? Crap.

Well, Well. At least I am a Skydiver now!!!!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Niiiice one love! Well done. I did a tandem skydive a few years ago from 12,000 ft...it was am-a-zing but I don't think I'd have the balls to go it alone. So congrats on being officially allowed to jump out of a plane :D

fatwonkkid said...

job hunting is so stressful. between finding the right job, being grilled in the interview, negotiating salary...lucky for me my most recent job turned out real well.

actually later today, I am gonna get paid to eat food, pick apples, do recreational stuff, and run through a hedge maze.

sweet....

? said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MARIE! How exciting, you little skydiver! Did you celebrate with your man?

P.S. Choose the job that you think will feel least like a 'job' to you.

Mark Hurley said...

HELL YAH!!!!! Thats what I'm talking about!!!!

congrats! Did you purchase some beer?

now what? How does the license for skydiving work in your part of the world?

Job? Determine the average offered. Accept any job above that average, and rank according based on health care (not important with skydiving =)), travel time...etc.

Anonymous said...

yay! Congrats!! How about you fly over here and take me sky diving? Sounds good to meeee...

Bring a hot pilot with ya. Just in case.

Steph said...

Awesome on all fronts. You're flying high....like literally!

Stiletto said...

Jo: hey don't say that! if you've made a tandemjump you almost there already =P
and tnx!

fatwonkid: where can I get that job??

bottleblonde: tnx hun =)
and yeah, I celebrated with my man, it was almost as nice as getting my certificate =P

Mark: tnx!! of course, I brought a case of beer to the last skydivers party the weekend after =)
now I just have to make some money and and then I'll just keep on jumping and as soon as I can afford it I'll be buying my own stuff to jump with too =)

kelly: a hot pilot coming right up =)

steph: haha, guess I am =)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.