Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The ex-factor x2

One of the more sucky things about seeing someone
or even having a boyfriend really is that sooner or later it often
ends in that person becoming an ex.
It's the bitter truth and we all know it.
Thankfully, most of my previous boys don't
live anywhere nere here so it makes things easier.
Don't think I've mentioned this but I used to live in a crappy
small-town, but almost a year ago
I decided it just wasn't enough for me, quit my job
managed to get an apartment with a friend in the big city
and just took a chance and moved, no job or nothing.
As you've probably guessed it paid off.

Back to my story.
A certain ex of mine who is currently living
in said crappy town has now decided to move.
I'll let you take one guess on where he's decided to go...
Yep, he's coming here...
Can you tell how syked I am about this?
No? Good, you couldn't be more right.
This is bad. Like, maybe this isn't the city for me after all.
Maybe I should move? Screw the fact that I love this city and
basically everything about it,
if he's moving here maybe I should reconsider...

Now, I know I make him out to be a complete monster
but that's not the case. It's just...just complicated, okay?
For starters, we have quite the history between us.
We were a couple for 4 ½ years, starting when we were only 16.
Though we had a lot of great times over the years
there was also the constant drama. Long story,
don't really feel like sharing the details right now.
Anyway, I finally realized I couldn't go on like that.
I loved him, I did,
but I just wasn't IN love with him anymore
and so I broke up with him.
It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

After this we've tried the whole friendship thing
but somehow it just isn't working
and I've felt quite relieved not to have him close by.
Guess that'll all change now.
Why!!!??
Why can't he pick somewhere else to move??
I know what will happen and all I got to say is Hello drama...
If I'm lucky maybe he'll even move in next door to me.
That's what he did the last time.
I had lived in my new apartment for just a few months
and out of nowhere he chose to move into the house next to mine...
Oh, the joy...

I did write ex-factor x 2 in my headline
and that is cause at the same time as this is going on
another ex decides to rear its ugly head.
I dated this guy for maybe 2 months before the summer
before he suddenly out of the blue
wasn't feeling the sparks between us
and so we called it off. (a.k.a he dumped me)
Did decide to meet up soon cause the idiot
had given me his spare keys to his place.
I figured he'd call me about them but do ya think he did?

He did contact me in june to tell me he made a mistake
in dumping me and he wanted me back.
Idiot actually thought he had a chance of getting me back.
I played the part of the icequeen and simply asked
when he'd be wanting his keys returned.
I then started my skydiving
and after a week met a certain Skydiver.
Still have the keys in my purse.
Last week however he finally asked for them
and since I was superbusy (yeah right...) all week
we decided to do it this week.
I can't say I'm looking forward to this either.
Though as you can imagine I have no choice
but to look drop-dead gorgeous when we do meet.
If we actually do meet that is,
guy hasn't called me yet this week.
If I had his adress I would mail him his stupid keys
just to get rid of him...

But even if the exes are a huge headache most of the time
and sometimes make you seriously consider celibacy
there are some things that makes it worth it.
Like waking up next to a hot boy
who has his arms around you.
Last night, tonight and probably tomorrow night too.
Me likey a lot!!

8 comments:

? said...

About ex #1, can we say stalker? He moved next door to you in the past AND now he's moving to your city?

Stiletto said...

bottleblonde: that was my reaction too!

Mark: bad memory huh? told you last time you commented that I was going to jump THIS weekend. Our dropzone has had quite the restrictions for the last couple of weeks. The only time we have been allowed to jump I've had to be at work =(
But if the weather isn't to windy I'll be jumping sat and sunday =)

trust me, I am eager to make love to the sky again! but blue? hasn't been that many blue skies here I'm afraid =(

Unknown said...

Oh ex's are the WORST... I had one who kept bugging me for MONTHS after I broke things off because I had his shitty Milan shirt and a Prodigy CD...bloooody hell, he wouldn't stop going on about them. Texts and calls 'can we meet so i can get my stuff'. In the end I gave them both to his housemate who I saw in a lecture one day, so we didn't have to meet. No meeting and no excuse to ring me. Ha, that backfired for him ;)

honkeie said...

what i love about me is the fact i can cut ppl off at the knees and not look back. I have a good number of ex's that could have been problems but i have that special asshole quality about me. If someone gives me drama in my life i kiss them off and leave it at that. I have had a few ex's i would probably love to chat with but the drama would not be worth it. and as far as the keys....mail them to him.

Mark Hurley said...

stiletto: yah, bad memory...I can barely keep track of my schedule let alone yours.

Stiletto said...

Jo: haha, that's a great solution! wish this guy had a housemate or something but no such luck =(

honkie2: the asshole quality really comes in handy sometimes =P
know what you mean, drama drama drama, soo sick of it.
and I would mail the to him but I don't have the adress and he's not listed =(

Mark: it's okey to be a little bit senile from time to time =)

Steph said...

I've only managed to stay friends with one of my exes. The rest can take a flying leap. I'd SHIT if they lived near me let alone next door, that is just wrong.

Stiletto said...

steph: yeah, it's really hard as I've noticed. my point exactly, just wrong!!!