Thursday, September 20, 2007

The soap-opera of my small town...

So I'm back from my visit of la familia and before that
I engaged in a weekend of not skydiving,
crappy weather as usual...
I'm giving it another try this weekend...
It's always interesting to get the latest small town news
whenever I visit the family there.
It's like watching an episode of a really corny soap I tell you.
Here's a takeout of the plot.

My uncle, on my fathers side, his wife
passed away in her sleap about two and a half years ago.
It was all really tragic and unexpected, she was only in her fifties.
This of course left my uncle devastated and
since my family on my fathers side is pretty huge
we all pitched in and tried to be there for him.

Even my aunt (on my mothers side)
who had been close to his wife was there for him.
I think they actually supported each other,
since my aunt had a lot of problems with her ex.
That would be the abusive rat that unfortunately
happends to be the father of her twelve (or something)
year old son that she had finally
a couple months earlier left for good.

Anyway, they spent quite a lot of time together
and the classic scenario took place as it sometimes does
when two people get so close,
they fell in love.

At first they kept quiet about it
but when she finally told me I had already figured it out.
It was kinda obvious for us who knew her well.
Now, my uncle and his previous wife has three
kids from the ages of 26 to 30 something.
They were not happy about this,
and after a lot of drama which I'm not even gonna bring up here
two of them completely stopped talking to their father and still don't.
They accused my aunt of being a golddigger
(my uncle has a lot of money)
and a parasite which drives me insane cause it couldn't be further
from the truth and they should know this.
The oldest son has from what I can understand
accepted their relationship and I think they all get along quite okay.
That is until we learned that the wife of this son
is spredding lies about my aunt and badmouthing her behind her back.
And get this, she still has the nerve to
use my aunt for babysitting!!
How we found out about the lies?
Another uncle of mine (fathers side) heard her talking.
But he refuses to be a part of a confrontation
because he doesnt want any drama.
Well, maybe you shouldnt have said anything to begin with??
And also, she works at the first uncles office
(if you can call surfing the internet
when she should be doing her job working...)
and we now suspect she is stealing money from him.

So we have this on-going drama and here's
a bit more to add.

# Gossiping uncle who has a polish wife
who only talks about money, money money.

#A cousin who almost dropped out of high school
but did manage to graduate and is now going back
and forth to Germany buying huge amounts of alcohol
which he then sells illegaly here.

# A brother of mine who is completely addicted
to some computergame and becomes violent
when he is away from it for too long, or
when someone says something he doesn't want to hear.

# My grandparents on my mothers side who are full on drunks
and have always been. The grandmother is also bordering on anorectic
and I'm not sure but I think she's tried killing my grandfather
on more than one occasion.

Need I go on?? Trust me, I have more.
It's kind of interesting though, I actually used
to be the bad seed in our family.
Now as you can see we have quite a few who is far
worse than I ever was =P

It's nice to see my family but it just feels
so good to be back in the real world again.
Going skydiving tomorrow and for the rest of the weekend.
(I hope)

Party people, do a tequila-shot for me!


3 comments:

Steph said...

Wow! You're family sounds like mine. Lets disown them. haaaahaha.

? said...

They're not all THAT bad. After all, there's no incest going on amongst family members. Right? RIGHT? Tell me there isn't.

Seriously, my family is just as jacked up. I always wished I was born into the Cosby family.

Stiletto said...

Steph; good idea!!

Bottleblonde: haha, not that I know of!

Maybe we should send your family, Stephs and mine to some kind of boot camp to make them normal??