Friday, September 14, 2007

Would you hire me??

Not quite free of the cold just yet but I've decided
I'm well enough to go skydiving this weekend.
This time we'll be going to a dropzone
a bit further from where I live and there we don't have the restrictions
we do at the regular dz which makes my chances of completing
a few jumps so much higher...maybe I'll even finish my A-certificate!?
Fingers crossed as usual =)

There's really no point in me hanging around here anyway
since I'm officially unemployed now...
yep, thursday this week
me and the girl I work with quit our jobs and just left.
It's been a long time coming since the company I work,
well guess "worked" for
hasn't been doing to well the last couple of months.
I did think for a while that things would improve
but at the end my boss was starting to turn our office
and my work assignments into something
I wasn't prepared to go along with.
He did say he wanted me to stay but listen to this, he couldn't guarantee
that I'd be getting paid for the work I'd be doing!?? What, did he think
I'd want to work for free?? Don't think so!
So we just left. And now we've contacted our union so they'll make
sure we get our final paychecks.

I'm not worried though. I feel confident I'll get another job soon enough.
But until then I'm gonna enjoy having a little free time.
Next week I'll be visiting my family in the small town.
Figure I'll stay there for a couple of days, free food is always nice =P
Don't think I'll stay too long though, my family usually gets
on my last nerves even when I'm only there for a weekend.
And besides, I have a hot guy here I can't stay away from too long.
The guys in the small town...not to eager to see them.
A lot of exes and a lot of drama...
I'm thinking I'll just stay in my familys house
and just not go out at all.
That really feels like the safest bet.
Have a great weekend and drink a couple of vodka shots for me too!


6 comments:

The Stormin Mormon said...

I'd say that leaving may have been the best plan (especially with the pay situation). These days the job market in my area is quite in need, so hopefully you have the same good fortune in your neck of the woods.

That said, it's definitely got to be a very challenging step into the unknown.

Mark Hurley said...

Ouch...sorry to hear your news. Hire you? Hmm...what for? Care to blog a list of your better talents? :-p

fatwonkkid said...

isn't getting over a cold and high altitude/jumping out of a plane a somewhat bad combo?

? said...

I run a sweat shop in Thailand, so I'd definitely hire you. Though you're gonna have to relocate.

Steph said...

I drank lots of Vodka for you....can't say i remember much about it, but I did it for you anyway ;)

Stiletto said...

the stormin mormon: Yeah, I know it was. Aint no way I'm staying at job where I'm not getting paid :P

Mark: my better talents?? what, as if I have any BAD??

fatwonkid: and with that said I never claimed it was a smart idea :P

bottleblonde: thailand you say?
I've heard of that place...it gets quite hot there right?
relocating sounds kinda nice right about now!!

Steph: tnx, you're such a sweetheart =)